We Introduce Exclusive LocateMe Technology!
April 27th, 2011
ROAD AMERICA ANNOUNCES SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH OF LOCATEME® UPGRADE TO ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TECHNOLOGY
MIAMI – APRIL 21, 2011 In an exclusive partnership with researchers at AT&T, Miami, Florida-based Road America has developed, tested and now successfully launched a GPS technology solution for pinpointing breakdown locations in seconds. This development dramatically improves the speed, accuracy and efficiency of locating the customer’s disabled vehicle through the very same telecommunications device they are using to contact the Road America 24-hour Response Centers.
Simone I. Smith teamed up with the American Cancer Society to introduce “a sweet touch of hope.” Simone designed a stylish lollipop charm to help raise funds and awareness to help save more lives from cancer, a disease that affects everyone in some way. In 2004, Simone was diagnosed with stage III Chondorosarcoma-a rare form of cancer. Her treatment required invasive surgery that altered the appearance of her lollipop tattoo. “It literally looked like someone took a bite out of it,” says Simone. Insprired by her experience, the lollipop now represents Simone’s journey to getting well and staying well, and has sparked a desire to help other cancer survivors. Ten percent of the purchase price is donated to the American Cancer Society.
At Kompani Group we believe in empowerment. Whether it is our clients or our own team, we view it the same way. We always strive to arm all of our stakeholders with the best tools and the best information. As B2B marketing evolves at break-neck speed it becomes increasingly evident that CMO’s are buying into this philosophy. The game is not about jazzy ads, but about delivering meaningful information to the marketplace. Our good friends at Desantis Breindel have written a spot-on white paper on this topic. In keeping with their philosophy that “content is the gift that keeps on giving,” we are sharing it with you.
Get to Know USA Datanet. You will like their people focused culture
USA Datanet is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Warwick Valley Telephone Company. This publicly traded (NASDAQ: WWVY) carrier, headquartered in Warwick, New York has been the provider of choice for businesses and residences for over 100 years. Warwick Valley Telephone is an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC) in parts of Orange County, New York with Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) status throughout New York and New Jersey.
When Warwick Valley Telephone acquired USA Datanet, it added the full capabilities of an experienced, market-leading communications technology company. Together, the two brands scope of services include voice, data/Internet, video, e-fax, email, conferencing and mobile communication.
Powered by Technology
The Hosted IP Voice system by USA Datanet utilizes high-speed Internet Protocol (IP) connections to carry both voice and data communications on a single, broadband conduit. This allows for:
- Secure, fast, reliable connections
- Dedicated, T1-level Internet access
- Transmission via private connections, not public Internet
- Network privately owned and managed
Supported by People.
And while the technology is advanced, the USA Datanet advantage is the tireless personal service we provide to each and every client.
- Expertly trained technicians and installation specialists
- US-based customer service call center
- User-friendly control panel available 24/7 online
- Simplified vendor management – one contact, one contract
Wellient empowers you to take a proactive role in your daily health routine. Working for you around the clock with personalized medication reminders, adverse interaction alerts, automatic prescription renewal counts, daily follow-up upon hospital discharge, health test monitoring, portable health records, emergency response in case of accident, medication price comparisons and traditional and non-traditional medical information tailored to what you say is important to you. Stay on track, be healthier, feel better, stress less and save time and money. Wellient is easy and low-tech for you to use, but high-tech and robust behind the scenes.
By launching a comprehensive new platform of health management and information services, they are transforming your medical history into usable and potentially life-saving information. It is no secret that a bewildering and fast-growing amount of data is available on the Web. A filtering service focused on the most reliable sources of information is needed. A service that is built around your specific needs. We are out to help change attitudes and behavior in a friendly, private and easy way.
Because experience and scale really do matter when it comes to something as important as emergency assistance, here’s one important thing you should know about Road America: on a 24/7/365 basis, they provide consistently high quality assistance services to more than 21 million valued customers of our 120 major corporate clients. Since 1978 they have set the standard for providing assistance services in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. They handle all our communications with you and your clients personally – nothing is outsourced. Our state-of-the-art Call Centers In Miami, Florida, and Columbus, Georgia, route every caller to exactly the right Service Provider for that unique disablement. From an available network of 50,000, they have carefully selected 15,000 rated, qualified, insured, trained and inspected Providers.
BACKED BY THE STRENGTH OF MAPFRE®
Their horsepower isn’t confined to North America, either. As the US subsidiary of MAPFRE Asistencia, their network has a direct presence in 43 countries, offering insurance, reinsurance, assistance and specialty risks services. They custom tailor products and services to meet the needs of thousands of corporate clients and millions of their insureds around the globe. The group is certified as conforming to the ISO 9001:2000 International Quality Standard, and has earned Moody’s A1 financial rating every year since 2002.
For the 2nd year Heinau at www.HeinauFlowers.com was retained to decorate the lobby at the Canyon Ranch Spa Hotel and Residences at North Miami Beach in Florida. The spectacular end result is not justified by the images below, but we are excited about the installation and just wanted to share some of the images. All the flower arrangements will be converted into full year arrangements once the holiday season is over, and most of the flowers (as you know) will last until the 2011 holiday season. Talk about sustainability, green endeavors and a happy CFO at Canyon Ranch.
Making Design Matter.
The new Michael Wolk Design Associates’ web site has been launched. Kompani Group helped Michael Wolk convert his old site into a more user friendly showcase of his work. Check out the new site at www.WolkDesign.com
Making Design Matter. That’s our philosophy at Michael Wolk Design, and just like our design itself, it works on several levels. Making implies action. Our creative process doesn’t end in thought or discussion – it ends in creation. Every idea is developed to its fullest potential here, rather than passed off to someone else. Design is what we make. Anyone can create something functional, and anyone can create something beautiful – but true design will always accomplish both. PRATT had a motto – “Be true to your work and your work be true to you.” In my experience, being true to your work means allowing design – rather than money, politics, or other outside influences – to control the energy. Design is design; everything else is everything else. And we make design matter, in the sense that it needs to be physical. It transcends fantasy and speculation; it is exciting and inspiring, while remaining firmly grounded in the reality of time constraints and budgets. Most important of all is making design matter. Design matters to me – it’s what i love to do, and it’s what i do better than anybody else. Making Design Matter is what I stand for.
Myth no. 1 – Once you register a trademark you own it forever and for everything
Myth no. 2 – Registering a domain name offers all sorts of legal protection
Myth no. 3 – You can save money if you conduct the search yourselves.
Trademark Tip – Top 5 Reasons to Register Your Brand Name or Logo.
There a myriad reasons to protect your trademark, brand name, logo or slogan through federal trademark registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Here are just a few of the top reasons why you should seek federal protection for your mark:
1. Trademarks are a part of your company’s intellectual property portfolio. It could very well be one of your most valuable business assets, albeit an intangible one. Trademarks can be accorded a value separate and distinct from other assets in your company. To illustrate, the Coca-Cola® trademark alone is purportedly valued at $70 billion. This doesn’t include other assets such as trucks, manufacturing and bottling facilities, etc., just the Coke® brand. The value of a registered trademark may be listed as a line item asset for companies seeking to attract potential investors or obtain financing.
2. A federally registered trademark grants you nationwide priority claim of ownership to the mark. A registered trademark provides constructive notice to prospective users and potential infringers of your claim of ownership to the mark. In the event of a dispute concerning rights to use a particular mark, the registered trademark owner will have the benefit of the doubt vis-à-vis a non-registered user of the same mark for similar or related products.
3. In the event of any unauthorized use or potential infringement of a registered trademark, the trademark owner is entitled to seek redress in federal court. The registered trademark owner can bring suit in federal court for trademark infringement and prohibit the alleged infringing mark from being used in commerce in a manner that causes confusion with the registered trademark. Moreover, trademark owners may seek three times their actual damages suffered as a result of the infringement (triple damages).
4. If you are interested in obtaining international trademark protection for your brand, you will need to first have a registered or pending application filed with the USPTO. A federally registered trademark is the basis for U.S. trademark owners to seek international trademark registration. Upon filing your application, the USPTO assigns your mark a serial number (or a registration number, once registered). This number is used to submit an international trademark application under the Madrid Protocol System for International Trademark Registration.
5. Registered trademarks may be filed with the U.S. Customs Service to prohibit the importation of infringing foreign goods that may bear your mark or something similar (“knock-offs”). Many illegal imports attempt to trade off the established brand value of famous or well-known marks. Trademark registrations may be placed on record with the Customs Service so infringing products entering the country may be flagged, seized and possibly destroyed.
So there you have it, the Top Five reasons to protect your brand name or logo through federal trademark registration. There are other reasons, of course, including protecting your brand value and hard earned marketing dollars. For more information concerning trademark law, the trademark registration process, or for questions concerning your particular mark or brand, please contact one of our FlatFee Trademark attorneys at 1.800.769.7790 or firstname.lastname@example.org .