Frequently Asked Questions
Kompani Group is a business strategy, branding, marketing, sales, and management consulting company. We are headquartered in Miami, FL with satellite offices in Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Malaga, Spain; and Sibiu, Romania. Our core workforce is over 18 strong.
After successfully building a $16million marketing, advertising, and brand strategy business under another name, Kompani Group founder Jan Havmoeller decided to launch a new company that was not the traditional marketing and advertising firm. Leveraging his knowledge of business strategy on top of his knack for branding, marketing and sales, Kompani Group was born. Since that time, Kompani has helped hundreds of companies across multiple industries and built a number of our own portfolio brands.
Our core business philosophy is centered around the fact that our partners’ and associates’ compensation is solely contingent on how well our creative business and brand strategies perform for our clients and our own portfolio brands.
We are ‘hands-on’ involved in every aspect of implementing business and brand strategies for our clients and our own portfolio brands. We like to say that once we get involved “we live and breathe our clients’ businesses and brands.” See more: kompanigroup.com/about-us/vision-and-values
We often work under NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements, especially for our larger clients who wish to remain anonymous. While in general we like to utilize a collaborative and team based approach for our creative work, strategy, and execution campaigns, for our more confidential clients, our teams can be offered information on a ‘need to know’ basis.
First and foremost, we offer a unique blend of analytic and strategic thinkers with incredibly talented creatives. Companies who would be considered competitors fall into one of those two camps, but not both. Because we have both sets of expertise internally, our work reflects strategic guidance that is rooted in an understanding of our clients’ culture and mission (current or desired) as well as the operational requirements needed for positive change. All that then translates into key design elements that drive our client’s desired message/culture home to all stakeholders, both internal and external. Our main focus is always to empower our clients and brands with effective solutions, know-how, improved processes, training and tools that immediately generate measurable results.
One other key differentiator is that Kompani Group will work with clients on a performance based relationship after an initial engagement period (typically 4 months). Once we know a client is serious about enhancing their business, we are happy to put ourselves on the line on their behalf.
For more than a decade, we have been helping brand/rebrand, optimize, and restructure organizations ranging in size from startups to those with annual revenues of €17 billion or nearly $23 billion. You will find some examples of our work here: kompanigroup.com/portfolio
- Artistic & Creative Design
- Knowledge of HR, Employee Benefits, Insurance & Investment Products
- Management Consultants
- Marketing & PR Professionals
- Operations Executives
- Sales Experts
- SEO Specialists
- Social Media Specialists
- Web Developers
- See website for more information at kompanigroup.com
Our first step is to fully understand the structure of our clients organizations. How they work together, how they interface with customers/clients, what tools they use, what processes they follow. The more we understand the organizational culture, the better we can determine how to cultivate the desired effect. Our ultimate aim is the have your company live and breathe your brand. In so doing, the impact on your external stakeholders is unmistakably positive.
The first step is Analysis. In this phase, we work with you to understand your strategic plan, and goals for engaging in this process. Then we analyze the general communications territory, which can include:
- Research: Market research is the gathering, evaluation, and interpretation of data affecting customer preferences for products, services, and brands. This tool is used to understand attitudes, awareness, and behavior of potential and existing customers in various market segments. Results often indicate opportunities for future growth.
- Brand Evaluation: From brand image studies to online surveys examining customer satisfaction and web usability, market research takes many forms. Traditionally, research is classified as qualitative or quantitative and primary or secondary. Research is not a black box that automatically provides an answer. Rather, it is a tool that seeks to probe and reveal new insights about customer preferences and behavior. Believers hold that it is a necessary foundation for meaningful brand strategy-and the only way to validate preconceived impressions. Smart research can be a catalyst for change; useless research can stand in the way of innovation.
- Target Profile: Who are you? Who needs to know? How will they find out? Why should they care? As competition creates infinite choices, companies look for ways to connect emotionally with their customers, become irreplaceable, and create lifelong relationships. A strong brand stands out in a densely crowded market place. How your brand is perceived affects your success, regardless of whether you are a start-up, a nonprofit, or a product.
- Feasibility Study: Feasibility studies’ main objective is to provide full comfort to the decision makers, through an evaluation and analysis of the potential of the proposed project. The study is based on extensive investigation and research, and the aim is to rationally uncover the strengths and weaknesses of an existing business or proposed venture, opportunities and threats as presented by the environment, the resources required to carry through, and ultimately the prospects for success.
After we conduct our research, we assemble what we call your ‘Big Idea’. The big idea is the battle cry or statement of empowerment that makes the brand come alive. It can always be expressed in a few words or a single sentence, even though the rationale behind it can sometimes fill a book. The big idea is sometimes only used internally, other times it is suitable as the central idea behind marketing communications.
From here, we develop the brand strategy (a central, unifying idea around which all behavior, actions, and communications are aligned) and architecture (the hierarchy of brands within a single company; the interrelationship of parent company, subsidies, products, and services which should mirror the marketing strategy). These inform the creation of any new identity and related design as well as the communications strategy.
Similar to the branding or other strategy work, we begin with defining the ultimate goals of the work. What outcomes are we trying to create? Once defined, we assemble consider the most user friendly means of delivering on those goals. The tactical process begins with sketches and wireframes of what the finished product should look like and how it should function. Then our Artistic Directors apply the brand architecture and identity requirements to the initial sketches. Once the web design in confirmed, the programming teams implement the approved designs.
Our web hosting is not a service that we look to sell to clients prospective website owners as it is not a core part of our operations. However, we do pride ourselves on our work. For a flat annual fee, we provide hosting to certain web platforms, regular backups, and plugin and platform updates as needed. We also provide some basic technical support at no additional fee. We want the web services we provide to our clients to be no hassle.
We utilize our own project management tools and knowledge and asset databases to ensure consistency. However, when it comes to the client engagement, we prefer to work with a primary designee – someone your company selects to represent you. We find it is best that this person understands the objectives of the engagement and has enough internal influence to obtain and centralize feedback before providing it to us. On a case by case basis, we can assign one of our internal team members to manage and consolidate the feedback/data/assets generated from interfacing with multiple client representatives/departments. That however will inevitably increase the time invested on our end to support your work and is far less efficient than working with one client representative.
Initial requirements are determined at a Kick-Off meeting. We need to understand the complete objectives of the relationship in order to assign our internal resources, establish the proper project responsibilities and tasks, and then to hold ourselves accountable. If we are not effective, there is no reason for either party to maintain the relationship.
Obtain a better high-level understanding of our work at kompanigroup.com. However, one might summarize our services as follows:
- Strategy: Branding, Organizational Hierarchy, Business Modeling, Business Formation
- Planning: Business process, Marketing planning and budgeting
- Identity: Naming Strategies, Product Hierarchy and Logo Refinement
- Brand: Brand Hierarchy and Brand Strategy Development
- Design: Collateral, Packaging, POP, and Advertising
- Growth: New Product Launch Strategies and Growth Strategy Consulting
- Marketing: Execution of Marketing Initiatives, Ongoing Support, Affiliate Programs
- Consulting: Intellectual Property, Strategic Change, Sounding Board
- Interactive: Website Development, E-commerce and Social Media
- Online Marketing: Advertising Strategies, Media Placement, E-Marketing and Analytics
- Development: Applications, Tools, Integration and Training
- Sales: Distribution Channels and Distribution Strategies
- Lead Management: Generation, Cultivation, Tracking
- Content: Content creation, content refinement and sales letters
- PR: Press releases and assistance in event planning
We approach relationships on project, retainer, and hourly bases, always attempting to be as efficient and effective as possible. Where lower rate team members can accomplish tasks as fast as higher rate team members we will assign the work to them. In cases where it is more cost effective to have our more experienced members handle efforts they will. In either case, we will always determine resources based on creating quality deliverables that are aligned with the goals of the engagement. Our hourly rates range from $15 to $180 per hour.