Of course you have your website hosted somewhere – but what are you really getting out of that relationship other than a parking space? You may be pleasantly surprised to learn that your choice of hosting can actually make your site – and your business – run more smoothly.
Take our Kompani “Report Card” below to see if you are getting the most out of your hosting.
For instance, when was the last time your hosting company not only advised you of an upcoming technology shift, but also made the necessary back-end updates to your site software to be compliant? What about security compromises… has your hosting company ever identified a potential issue and then taken corrective action on your behalf to keep your data and customers safe?
Uptime, traffic, speed, responsiveness, glitches, and performance are important to the way your customers perceive your online presence and overall brand. So there’s no reason to settle for minimum standards when it comes to where your website “lives.”
Like many other aspects of your business, we can put your website in Good Kompani with our “Hosting +” service package which delivers:
- Business-class servers
- Regular site backups to ensure that if in fact a problem occurs there is always a recent restore point.
- Just like cell phones and apps constantly need updates so do web platforms and the various plug-ins they use. For our hosting plus clients, we perform updates to the platform, plugins, and theme at least monthly.
- If there is a more serious automated hack circulating, we pay particular attention to our sites to do our best to mitigate risk. This often means monitoring what website technologies are particularly vulnerable and increasing security around those particular vulnerabilities.
- Technologies that will ping your sites server location a minimum of every five minutes to ensure your site is up at the server level. If ever we find that site is down we take immediate action to remedy the problem before your customers see the difference.
- Super-cache technologies to increase page load time. In fact, we saw our own site double in speed after incorporating our new technology.
- 30 minutes of technical support for related hosting/domain type issues. This is typically enough to move your site over to our environment. In future years it can cover little miscellaneous fixes that arise.
All of this keeps your site far more secure and performing optimally. It’s really like digital hospitality – with an absolutely gracious host.
Of course we also offer ongoing website support and maintenance services where simply by picking up the phone or sending us an email we can make any edits to the content of your site. We offer these services both by the hour and predetermined ongoing monthly budgets for routine work.