Great names don’t always reveal themselves right away. Sometimes you have to sleep on it a night or two to really let it sink in. But, all great names should be:
- Relevant to your business and your audience
- Reflective of your company values and personality
- Realistic to say, spell, and find online
- Remembered on a 24/7 basis by those who come in contact with it
Names Never Sleep! They’re always working either for you or against you on everything you do. So the next time you think, “Eh, it’s just our business cards,” think about how many times people also see it online, in search engine results, in emails, on labels and packaging… or hear it in conversations, sales pitches, voicemails, and more.
Worried about your name? Use the Kompani “Report Card” below to see if you should be!
The wrong name is any name that fails to make a connection with its audience. This can happen because of perceptions and meanings that weren’t considered, confusing spellings, meaningless acronyms, or names that are too long to remember. It can also happen because the so-called “perfect name” already exists online or with another trademarked brand. Finding the right name requires a creative, disciplined, strategic approach.
When you come to Kompani Group for a name, we make you part of our brand development process:
- Evaluation of brand goals and target market needs
- Analysis of existing name (if one exists) and/or competitor names
- Establish performance criteria, positioning criteria, legal criteria, look at hybrids and mimetic options, explore variations, visit your current positioning and consider linguistics.
- Creation of available and suitable names to replace or establish your business name
- Suggestions for available URLS related to names
- Perform preliminary intellectual property evaluation including trademark availability.
To get started, we usually deliver a wide range of possible names to gauge preferences and direction… After that, we’ll hone our efforts to a final list of up to 5 suggested and suitable names, with full research/exploration.