Content marketing takes digital communication a strategic step further
The relationship between people and information is continuing to evolve. As of 2014, it is estimated that nearly 78% of Americans and approximately 81% of Europeans and Asians access news and information using their laptop, tablet, smart phone, or other mobile device.
Convenience and accessibility are certainly reasons for this trend – but even more interesting is the self-directed news gathering behavior of these audiences. According to the American Press Institute – as many as 40% of audiences confirmed “diving deeper” into topics of interest when that information has been made available.
This presents a unique opportunity for businesses, companies, and brands to create a competitive advantage through Content Marketing.
Unlike e-marketing, which focuses on branded messaging to advance recognition and image; and unlike social media marketing, which is aimed at establishing online brand presence… Content marketing takes digital communication a strategic step further. Through a series of communications and materials, content marketing positions brands as true resources and authorities in the market, while also creating an ongoing dialogue that leverages the new realities of media usage.
WHY CONTENT MATTERS
Just as design is only one component of a strong brand image, traditional marketing messages represent a single facet of a comprehensive communications strategy. When used correctly, content delivers a number of opportunities for your business or brand.
- Serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) – shows your expertise in particular subject areas, building your reputation as a leading industry resource and thus you have instant credibility.
- Staying top-of-mind – if you routinely publish, you are in people’s minds when it is time to buy. Often, winning the sale is about timing.
- Segmenting messaging – allows you to send different messages to different stakeholder types. This in turn allows you to address an important need to provide relevant and engaging content.
- Gathering analytics – content presents additional opportunities to monitor traffic and interest among recipient groups. You can find out who is reading, when, which click-throughs are most compelling, and more.
- Sales Coordination – customize messaging to reinforce what your sales people are trying to accomplish.
- Autoresponders – can be coordinated with content so an email automatically goes out when someone performs a specific action.
- Drip campaigns – can preselect a set of messages that go at set intervals to people who have taken additional actions.
- Calling campaigns – sales teams can monitor the analytics of email campaigns and when certain behaviors happen – follow up with a call to the potential lead.
- Adding site content/SEO – web crawlers look for new and relevant info so when people search, the search engines know what results to provide. Posting new and relevant content keeps crawlers coming back to your site looking for more content, which helps improve search engine rankings by making it clear to indexes what kind of people are your ideal audience.
- Social media integration – another outlet to announce what other reasons people should come to you, and keeps you top of mind. People favor different social media channels for different reasons so pick where your various campaigns ought to be published, and get them out there.
Not All Content is created Equal
Often, small- and medium-sized businesses lack the appropriate resources to properly handle the commitment effective content requires. It’s not at all unusual for content to get “back burnered” or “de-prioritized” for other more pressing tasks. However, waiting until business is slow to get started completely defeats the purpose of Content Marketing. When developed correctly, Content Marketing should be building an audience steadily over time – so that you hopefully experience less of a slowdown, or even more favorably, no slowdown at all.
At Kompani Group, content is developed through our proven 4-stage process:
ANALYSIS: What kind of information are audiences looking for? How can the brand answer this need differently than anyone else?
PLANNING: How will the brand attract audiences to new content? What other components of the marketing strategy may be necessary to drive traffic (such as search engine optimization, social media links, or traditional advertising)?
IMPLEMENTATION: What will be the best delivery methods for content – HTML? Downloadable file (PDF)? Infographic? Recurring blog entry? Email newsletter? Print? Often, we find a combination of these methods are most effective.
RESULTS: Did the content yield measurable benefits for the brand? Has web traffic increased? Do potential customers trust us more? Have sales improved or increased with the availability of informational content?
SEO, HTML, SME: CONTENT MARKETING ALL SPELLED OUT
In a world that is increasingly relying upon abbreviations and acronyms to streamline communication, it can be easy to forget that content is still what drives site traffic and web presence. In fact, any smart SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy will make use of HTML (HyperText Markup Language) text as its foundation.
Since graphics don’t communicate as words to search engine indexing programs and abbreviations don’t always reflect the way people search, actual relevant content filled with words is the most reliable way to present yourself or your company as an SME (Subject Matter Expert).
GET STARTED WITH KONTENT FROM KOMPANI
Deciding to partner with an established expert for content marketing is one of the smartest, quickest, and most reliable ways to launch a successful content marketing campaign. Kompani Group has helped hundreds of businesses and brands across a wide variety of industries capitalize on the promise of content with customized information, editorial, and promotional efforts that produce content-related results.
HOW IT WORKS:
Depending on your particular needs, Kompani Group leverages our agency-friendly platform which has far greater reach than commercially available email marketing systems. We can simply distribute pieces you create for a very minimal fee (often less than commercial systems) or we can participate in the complete creation, design, and distribution of email campaigns/newsletters. This can be anything from holiday greetings to industry updates to case studies to call to action pieces for your products or services.
HOW WE BILL:
Depending on the work scope, we can have a fixed fee for fixed deliverables or include this work as part of a larger monthly scope/budget. You may also inquire about our e-marketing start up package, which includes importing your initial contact list, creating a custom email template, and providing initial training to use the system on your own.
It all begins with your desire to say more and mean more to your audience.