An Intelligent Technology. A Significant Business Turnaround
The V2T Roof System is steadily becoming the standard roofing system for low-slope roofs across the United States. This is because V2T installs faster, more easily, uses less materials, is more environmentally friendly and still carries 20-year warranties from major roof membrane manufacturers such as Carlisle, Fiber-Tite, Flex, Versico and others.
Leveraging a patented, and thus exclusive, technology, the V2T Roof System works with the wind to strengthen membrane grip to the substrate rather than weaken it, and represents the first major technological innovation in the roofing industry in decades. The V2T Roof System was invented, developed, and patented by a number of engineers and professors from Virginia Tech. In comparison to traditional roofing methods, the V2T Roof System uses considerably less labor and materials in the roofing installation process and provides a far superior installed product. V2T has been validated and successfully tested at UL at 195lbs/SF (max certification), the Virginia Tech wind tunnel at 152 mph wind speed, the NASA wind tunnel in Langley at 72 mph and others, and standard industry warranties require testing for wind speeds of 56 mph and gale force winds up to 72 mph.
Already installed at hospitals, universities, government buildings, military facilities, manufacturing plants, shopping centers, schools, and others, V2T is just beginning to capture the 3.3 billion square feet of segmented market opportunity available annually.
While the product was a brilliant distruptor in the roofing industry, the shareholders sought assistance in bringing the system to market. That is when they approached Kompani. A brief timeline of the engagement follows, and the results speak for themselves.
Beginning of the engagement:
V2T contracts Kompani Group:
- To provide consulting services related to industry research, reviewing the existing marketing plan and make recommendations for moving forward.
- To help launch any new strategy
- To implement new technologies for marketing (website and email marketing)
Within the first 6-9 months, Kompani:
- Eliminated a monthly burn rate of approximately 160% of their annualized revenue.
- Developed and implemented a new operating strategy which gave greater autonomy to the various agents and entities operating within and through V2T. This reduced the burden of bureaucracy and enabled more rapid growth based on smaller teams pursuing avenues they felt were most opportune.
- Built a new website, created a suite of marketing materials, presentations, reference documents, and started an email campaign, and centralized document storage.
By the end of the same year:
A majority of V2T partners voted to have Kompani Group serve as the company’s Managing Director. Kompani then served as the corporate backbone, providing financial administration, operations and logistics management, and a central office for company communications, data, and marketing.
In this capacity, Kompani assumed responsibility for:
- Managing the day to day bookkeeping and financial controls – AP, AR, Cash Flow, Month End
- Working with tax accountants for year end
- Inventory tracking/management, including new inventory procurement
- Brought the corporate line in-house and provided 1st tier support for customer service and sales calls
- Managing order processing and shipping logistics
- Implementing a stronger technology infrastructure to support scalability – including but not limited to a CRM solution for sales and job management, a new financial system, Google Apps for Work, now called G-Suite, supporting email, document storage and sharing, and a virtual PBX phone system allowing for a geographically distributed team
- Implemented monthly reporting to all shareholders providing greater transparency into the financials, and operational strategies in general.
- Managing Investor Relations – communications, valuation assistance, reporting, documentation preparation and exchange, and guidance for V2T investors
- Creating and Documenting requirements for new molds for manufacturing and production
- Creating and documenting requirements for monitoring technology
- Outreach for strategic partnerships (monitoring, estimating, distribution)
- Contractor Agreements, other legal documents
- Recruiting/hiring/training a sales person
- Stakeholder meetings to ensure needs are satisfied and communicated to other stakeholders as appropriate
- Other shareholder support (meetings, forecasting, documenting, interpreting, project/program management)
- Created several videos which combined have more views than any marketing asset the company had to date.
- The video pages are consistently the most heavily trafficked pages on the website and when published drove a 658% increase in traffic.
- Created a comparison document between a competitor product and our own which shows on the first page of a google search for our competitor, drives prospects to our website and generates calls of interest routinely.
- Wrote content, designed and published numerous case studies
- A new and search engine optimized website incorporating new videos and an enhanced form for evaluating job requests.
- Kompani grew the email distribution list by nearly 600%. This list is divided among direct resellers, end users, and groups that recommend the product even though they are not buying it.
- Individual and direct outreach to prospects in each of the above categories.
- Hundreds of emails have been sent, and automated campaigns are established to methodologically educate prospects about the V2T Roof System.
- V2T went from a recorded loss of 163% of annual revenue in the 1st year Kompani was first contracted to a net profit by the end of the 2nd year.
- By year 3 of the Kompani engagement net income was 28% higher than year 2 – and that was after approximately 40% of revenues were booked to be paid to the shareholders for relevant contributions to revenue.
- Year 4 revenue in the middle of the 3rd fiscal quarter was up over 370% over the same period in year 3.
- Year 4 net income mid-FYQ3 was more than 100% greater than all of year 3 including the nearly 50% of revenues that have been booked for the shareholders in year 4 so far.
- Year 5 revenue was 25% higher than year 4.
- Year 6 revenue after 5 months is already up 82% over the same period in year 5.
Kompani was able to help position V2T for sale and in early 2018 a controlling interest in V2T was acquired by a private investment group. With some additional marketing effort, the news was included on CNBC’s website.
Today, V2T continues to grow and invest in forward leaning technologies that we look forward to delivering soon.